Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Here we go!

Does anything ever taste as good as thin feels?  Think about it. When we're having a "skinny" day, we feel unstoppable.  It's like with all of the work and will power it's taken to get this far, we've made progress! It feels so good. Do you ever feel unstoppable after you defeat your super-gigantomic combo meal from who knows where? Nope, just unstoppable bloating. 
These days, it's was always fluctuation between 5 pounds. Weight is gone, next thing you know the weight is back on. It's so frustrating. Always up and down, up and down. It's hard to ignore those sugar cravings, you don't have time to work out, and you love going out to eat with friends. It's the story of my life, sound familiar to yours?
Here's the difference, I'm a health educator.  It's my job to educate you on current topics in health and wellness; from now on I am your resource. Your go to girl with questions, post ideas, or anything for that matter. Nothing is too far out of the box for me, bring it on. I'm just your average, unemployed, college educated, 21 year old.  I have a horrible sweet tooth and a bottomless appetite. I hate running, so I walk uphill.  I love to climb stairs, it does wonders for my glutes.  Behind my OCD tendencies and workout routines, there's a method to my madness.  Not only am I fit and healthy, my job is great. I get to show and prove to you, how challenging but fun it is to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm doing the best I can for my body everyday. It's the small changes that make a big difference!
As a college junior, working hard to shed some of the sophomore 20 I gained (yes, I'll admit it) I became really tired of telling myself that in order to justify what I've just eaten I needed to burn that many calories, or hold out on a meal the next day.  I became obsessed and literally kept track of calorie intake and expenditure (all the way up to calories burned during a typical tooth brushing session) and let me tell you, it was exhausting!
I wasn't always a fitness fiend and health guru, just an athlete expected to follow guidelines and set my body up for success. Little did I know, these guidelines would become a way of life (minus my adventure off the track sophomore year--oops). I had always wanted to be a doctor and educate, but after miserably failing in the chemistry department, I knew I couldn't be a surgeon like I'd planned. I switched my major to the exercise science side of medicine, and loved every minute of it.
My biggest passion is nutrition.  Everything we eat and drink affects how our bodies function, so the connection between diet and health is obvious.  Everyday, we need a daily intake of a wide range of nutrients.  Many of these nutrients not only help with essential body functions, they help prevent quite a few diseases. Eating right makes you feel great, and has been known to contribute to picking up other healthy lifestyle behaviors. Take a look at your lifestyle and let's take the first step toward optimizing your health.




Alexis

First non-intro post, coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Finally something and someone who is REAL offering advice. I also love the candidness in which you right, it is very comforting.

    ReplyDelete